Back To Top


Obtaining Certification and Licensure as Dental Specialist

The successful completion of the National Dental Specialty Examination (NDSE) is required for licensure as a dental specialist in Canada.

Individuals are eligible to take the NDSE six months prior to graduation from their specialty dental program.

Once the NDSE is passed, graduates of accredited specialty dental programs and individuals who have successfully completed a DSATP, must provide a proof a graduation to the NDEB® in order to be issued their NDEB® certificate. Find information about getting your certification and license on our website.

Once certified, an individual can apply for a license with the Dental Regulatory Authority (DRA) of the province where they intend to practice. The DRA will have access to your certification information on the NDEB® national register.


Recent Posts