The National Dental Examining Board of Canada (NDEB) is committed to protecting the privacy of Candidates, Participants, its staff, and members of the public.
Personal information is any identifiable information about an individual. For candidates and participants, personal information can include the individual’s name, home address, telephone number, fax number, email address, gender, a photograph and his or her academic records. This information may be collected via applications or profiles submitted via https://ndeb.brighttrac.com Web Sites or otherwise.
For employees, other personal information may be included.
For website visitors to www.ndeb-bned.ca and https://ndeb.brighttrac.com (the “Web Sites”), the server on which the site are located collects and saves only the default information customarily logged by web server software. Such information may include the date and time of your visit, the originating IP address, and the pages and images requested.
Please note that children under the age of thirteen (13) must not use the Web Sites or services offered on them to submit any personal information about themselves.
- Identifying the Purpose of Collecting Information– The purpose for collecting any personal information will be made available before or at the time of collection, or at the time a new use of the personal information is identified. The NDEB will only collect personal information that is necessary for the identified purpose, and will retain information only as required to fulfill that purpose, unless otherwise required or prescribed by law.
- Consent–Informed consent is required at or before the time personal information is collected, used or disclosed, except where otherwise required or prescribed by law.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention – The NDEB will use or disclose personal information only for the purpose for which it was collected. The NDEB will not use or disclose personal information for other reasons unless informed consent is obtained to do so, or the use or disclosure is authorized by applicable privacy laws. Candidate, Participant and Certificate holder personal information is retained in secure long term files to fulfill purposes related to the Board’s mandate. Employee personal information is destroyed after seven years of inactivity.
- Accuracy of Information– The NDEB makes every effort to ensure that all personal information is accurate, complete and current.
- Safeguards for Personal Information– The NDEB applies ongoing measures to ensure that all recorded personal information is secured against unauthorized access, disclosure or use.
- Transparency– The NDEB makes available information about its policies and practices regarding how it manages personal information. These policies and practices address the collection, use and disclosure of personal information belonging to candidates and participants, Board Members, Examiners and Consultants, Employees and others. Requests for information on how the NDEB manages personal information that belongs to you can be made in writing to the Privacy Officer at the address below.
- Individual Access to Personal Information– Upon written request, and within 30 working days, an individual is entitled to access personal information under the control of the NDEB, including whether and how that information has been used, and to what third parties it has been disclosed. Requests to update or amend personal information under the NDEB’s control, or requests for a copy of that information, must be addressed to the Privacy Officer in writing at the address below. Please note that personal information can be released to third parties only if the individual’s express consent is provided to the NDEB, or as required by law.
- Compliance and Complaints– Complaints, concerns, access requests and information amendment requests or questions must be addressed in writing to the Privacy Officer for the NDEB. The Privacy Officer will investigate all complaints made to the office in writing. If the complaint is justified, the Privacy Officer will take measures to correct and, if necessary, make changes to existing privacy policies and procedures. If the complaint cannot be resolved to your satisfaction by the NDEB, you will be provided with the information for the appropriate government agency for further information.
The National Dental Examining Board of Canada
80 Elgin Street, 2nd Floor
Phone: 613 236-5912